Magical Babassu Face OilPrix régulier $20.00
Creamy, velveteen, light-feel Magical Babassu Face Oil is all about hydrating, softening, and smoothing the skin without a heavy or oily feel. This medium-weight oil is very lightly scented with fresh white and pink lotus (I take a whiff of my properly diluted pink lotus and want to swoon), along with hints of forest-honey-like, delicate mimosa and nutty virgin babassu oil. Other subtle undertones come from tobacco absolute, derived from the leaves and processed to be nicotine free, which lends a complex, leathery, moist-sweet natural fragrance and has grounding aromatherapy benefits-it makes one's spirit feel full and complete-as well as Haitian vetiver, which anchors the scents of the more floral pink lotus and mimosa.
- Babassu oil is also often described as slightly cooling, and this quality makes this ingredient perfect for a range of inflammatory skin conditions, from eczema to rosacea and psoriasis. It minimizes pores and decreases puffiness.
- Brazil nut oil, with its exceptionally high linoleic acid content, is highly beneficial for the care of wrinkled, mature, neglected, and dry to very dry skin. It is also rich in vitamins E, A, B, and C as well as many minerals, especially selenium. It nourishes on a deeper level and improves firmness, and helps the skin to recover its healthy coloring over time.
- Sacha inchi from Chile is highly praised for its skin compatibility and high content of Omega 3s. It is a thinner oil that is very hydrating and wrinkle reducing. Sacha inchi provides a high moisture factor, complementing the emollient and skin-tissue-healing components of Magical Babassu.
- Pracaxi pod oil is a sacred healing oil known in the Amazon rainforest as “jungle suture” because it regenerates and repairs skin tissue powerfully and quickly. It improves the appearance of scars and is anti-acne.
- The formula also includes a tiny amount of Fair Trade shea butter from West Africa. Totally unrefined and hand-extracted, it feels more powdery than oily, and penetrates dry skin well to soften it, improve its elasticity, repair damage, and protect from environmental factors like sun damage.
Cold-press unrefined Attalea speciosa (babassu) seed oil†, cold-press unrefined Bertholletia excelsa (Brazil) nut oil†, cold-press unrefined Butyrospermum parkii (shea) nut kernel butter†, cold-press unrefined organic Plukenetia volubilis (sacha inchi) seed oil, cold-press unrefined Pentaclethra macroloba (pracaxi) pod oil†, cold-press unrefined Sclerocarya birrea (marula) seed oil, cold-press unrefined Solanum lycopersicum (tomato) seed oil (organic whenever available), tocopherol (vit. E, from non-GMO sunflowers), Acacia decurrens var. dealbata (mimosa) flower absolute†, Vetiveria zizanioides (vetiver) root absolute*, Nelumbo nucifera (lotus) flower absolute†, ethically farmed Nicotiana tabacum (tobacco) leaf absolute (nicotine free).
*Certified organic. †Responsibly wildcrafted.
All absolutes are hexane free whenever available.
Certified cruelty free, vegan, handcrafted, small batch. Gluten free.
HOW TO USE:
Shake periodically to remix. Massage a few drops or more into freshly cleansed, moist skin day and night. Use alone or over a facial oil primer—an aloe-based primer will merge with the oil and facilitate its absorption. Use more if you feel drier and less if your skin is moderately dry (oily zones can be omitted entirely). This serum can be used on the face, neck, décolleté, and under eyes. Store away from direct light exposure to protect the unrefined oils from light.