Paloma of the High Desert Cleansing Ritual Oil
- KEY BIOACTIVES:
- Kalahari melon oil: This oil is extracted from the seeds of wild melons from the Kalahari desert in southern Africa. We love the cooling, light, moisturizing feel of this oil and find it absorbs promptly and thoroughly, adding a level of hydration during a cleanse.
- Prickly pear oil: Prickly pear seed oil is esteemed for its high vitamin E content and very high ratio of linoleic acid (about 65%) to other acids. It is a noncomedogenic, highly penetrating oil that beautifies the skin's appearance almost instantly.
- Jojoba oil: One more oil from a desert plant, jojoba offers a pleasantly waxy and gliding feel; it moisturizes and protects against moisture loss. It also soothes irritated or inflamed skin, and gives a more elastic appearance to dry skin while conditioning and softening.
- Pomegranate oil: Another super oil in this blend, pomegranate oil contains the rare omega-5 fatty acid (also known as punicic acid), an antioxidant that is said to reduce the appearance of aging and inflammation. Pomegranate oil also contains gamma-tocopherol, a potent form of vitamin E, beneficial polyphenols, and phytosterols. It is an oil whose unique chemical composition aids the skin on many levels, and protects against visible environmental damage.
- Baobab oil: This oil is extracted from the seeds of wild baobab trees. It provides effective moisturization of dry skin, and is firming and strongly plumping. It contains vitamins E, D, and F. We included baobab oil in Paloma as we find that energetically, baobab oil shows a kinship with other oils that come from scorching hot and dry climates, and together these oils reinforce the hydrating, cooling, light, and reinvigorating vibe of our cleansing oil.
- Sacha inchi oil: This oil has a very high omega-3 fatty acid (alpha linolenic acid) content (42–49%), and it is also a rich source of omega-6, omega-9, and antioxidant-rich vitamins A and E (alpha-tocopherol).
- Tomato oil: This is an irresistibly creamy oil that is high in beta-carotenoids, lycopene, lutein, zeaxanthin, and vitamin E. Tomato oil is particularly recommended for dry and mature skin as it promotes a youthful, elastic appearance, moisturizes dry and coarse skin, and forms a protective layer.
- HOW TO USE:
This cleansing and facial massage oil was named after Paloma the woman-dove to evoke the pure, gentle, compassionate, and peace-loving nature of the desert nymph. It is a lightweight, smooth, quenching oil that offers luxurious slip and glide among the seductive aromas of geranium, rose, palmarosa, and pomegranate. You may use Paloma as your face cleanser and makeup remover, but also as a facial massage oil and even as a leave-on hydrating and plumping face oil (applied on cleansed skin). This oil cleanser doesn't contain surfactants and is meant to be removed with a warm moist cloth, or washed off with a foaming or gel cleanser such as Marshmallow Face Cleanser.
Simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed esters*, Plukenetia volubilis (sacha inchi) seed oil*, Citrullus lanatus (Kalahari melon) seed oil†, organic Punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, Adansonia digitata (baobab) seed oil†, organic Solanum lycopersicum (tomato) seed oil, Opuntia ficus indica (prickly pear) seed oil* or †, Pelargonium graveolens (geranium) absolute†, Pelargonium roseum (geranium rose) oil*, Rosa centifolia or damascena (rose) absolute, Citrus aurantium (petitgrain) absolute or oil*, Cymbopogon martinii (palmarosa) oil†.
*Certified organic.†Responsibly wildcrafted.
Certified cruelty free, vegan, handcrafted, small batch. Gluten free.
Shake the bottle briefly, then dispense 4 to 6 pumps of the oil into the palms of your hands. Press into dry skin and gently massage using upward and outward circular motions to remove makeup and impurities, and to boost circulation. Add more oil as needed for a smooth glide. Follow with a warm, wet facial towel to massage the skin and remove the oil. You may then use a foaming cleanser as your second cleanse if desired. Alternatively, Paloma may be used as a massage oil applied on clean and damp or dry skin, or as a leave-on hydrating face oil.