Nap in the Meadow Face SerumRegular price $96.00
1.7oz l 50ml
An ultra-lightweight aloe-based serum that looks spearmint-y and smells of a spring meadow to some, and of just-picked strawberries to others. It is a dew-consistency almost-liquid that is close to oil-free, but effectively hydrates and improves the appearance of all types of skin. And it makes your toner or mist optional.
Nap in the Meadow delivers a broad range of benefits in a single product: deep hydration, strong anti-inflammatory action, anti-oxidants, anti-aging benefits, refreshing effects, and even some acne reducing, tissue repairing, and sunburn and sun damage repair.
- Turmeric CO2 supercritical extract: Ava chose this turmeric form because it provides incredible antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits, yet is nonirritating.
- Yarrow oil: This deep blue oil from Bulgaria is distilled from white yarrow flowers and is one of the top anti-inflammatory essential oils, along with German blue chamomile and helichrysum. Yarrow oil is nondrying, yet it helps heal acne and balance excessively oily skin, and it soothes inflammatory skin disorders such as psoriasis and eczema.
- German blue chamomile oil: German chamomile flowers are white and yellow but their distilled oil is a dark blue. It is one of Ava's very top ingredients for decreasing skin inflammation (apparent as unhealthy redness) and pain (extremely helpful with painful acne breakouts).
- Helichrysum (Italian everlasting): Helichrysum oils are very expensive and are the number-one essential oils for revitalizing skin tissue in an utterly soothing manner (helichrysum is so mild, it can be used undilluted on burns). It is extremely beneficial for wrinkles, sagging of the skin, other signs of skin aging, scar healing, and sunburn.
- Two different lavender species from France: Lavender oil is one of the top active skin care ingredients, and it is used here to revitalize skin and address persistent dryness more than for the fragrance.
- Rose geranium and geranium bourbon: High-quality, unadulterated geranium oils with beautiful scents are hard to source. Ava's finds are exquisite: floral yet delicate, never heavy, in terms of fragrance. Geranium is one of the top essential oils for dry and mature skin.
- Elderberry extract: An incredible dose of antioxidants to delay skin aging and reverse UV damage.
- Galbanum: This essential oil is made from galbanum resin, an ancient wound-healing agent for slow-to-heal skin conditions and also used as an anti-inflammatory agent. Included here to aid skin tissue repair and scar healing and prevention.
- Copaiba balsam resin: Another healing resin, this one from Brazil, used here to contribute acne-healing properties.
- Aloe: Most of us love aloe in place of water in facial care products, and this cold-press whole-leaf aloe is pure, fresh, and thickened just a touch by natural xanthan gum. It provides skin tissue repair, relief from sunburn, inflammation reduction, faster healing of any irritation, and highly and quickly absorbable moisture.
- The preservative: We used a very progressive, all-natural preservative from our most trusted preservative manufacturer in the US, specially formulated for sensitive skin, that has been scientifically proven to increase skin moisturization over the long term, which is a huge deal considering that so many previous-generation natural preservatives were a tad drying.
Cold-press whole-leaf Aloe barbadensis leaf juice*, Sambucus nigra (elderberry) fruit extract, Curcuma longa (turmeric) root Supercritical CO2 Select extract*, caprylyl capryl glucoside (naturally derived), Lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil (* and †), Achillea millefolium (yarrow) oil*, Helichrysum italicum (Italian everlasting) oil*, Marticaria recutita (German blue chamomile) oil*, potassium sorbate (natural food-grade preservative), organic Pelargonium graveolens (geranium bourbon) oil, Pelargonium roseum (geranium rose) oil*, Copaifera officinalis (copaiba balsam) resin†, Ferula galbaniflua (galbanum) oil*, xanthan gum, ascorbic acid (vit. C), Rosa woodsii (Wood’s rose) flower essence†, Phlox longifolia (pink phlox) flower essence†, Achillea millefolium (white yarrow) flower essence†, Lupinus argenteus (silvery lupine) flower essence†.
*Certified organic. †Responsibly wildcrafted.
HOW TO USE:
Shake often to remix. Apply generously onto freshly washed face. Most skin types will benefit from following immediately with a moisturizer, oil or balm. If using a slower-absorbing product as the next step, such as a thick oil-based serum or balm, it often works best to wait a moment until absorbed. Store away from direct light exposure. Ideally REFRIGERATE to protect freshness and enhance the cooling, refreshing, and depuffing properties.