- KEY BIOACTIVES:
- Jojoba – Jojoba is chemically a wax, as opposed to an oil. Jojoba is nature’s own ceramides, a waxy lipid that is found in our skin sebum and essential to a healthy lipid barrier. ‘Ceramide’ means unit of measurement of wax and waxes are found throughout many whole plants. Jojoba is known for resembling our skin’s natural wax barrier more than any other plant; and unrefined raw Jojoba has the ability to restore a damaged skin barrier on its own.
- Calendula – Calendula is a plant that is a true necessity for healthy skin. It is deeply restorative and healing on a cellular level, with an abundance of carotenoids and resins that our skin can use with ease. It is excellent for aiding the healing of skin damage. Cholesterol is another lipid found in our skin’s protective barrier, and Calendula mirrors that with its high phytosterol content. The Delicate Barrier process begins with seeding Calendula flowers at our partnering farms, and eventually leads to a 3-month infusion process. To ensure we are capturing the full range of phytosterols and the other beneficial constituents Calendula offers, we combine our proprietary maceration process with a Calendula whole-plant pressurized concentrate.
- Pomegranate Oil – This is quite possibly the most beautiful oil that we work with. It is rich and thick by nature, but penetrates deeply and is incredibly healing to skin barriers that have been damaged over time by inflammation.
- Evening Primrose Seed Oil – This California-made oil is freshly pressed and produced exclusively for our line. It reduces inflammation with its vast essential fatty acid profile, while also aiding in reducing the appearance of fine lines and scarring.
- Cranberry Fruit + Seed Oil – Our Cranberries are delicately dried and cold pressed to create one of my favorite seed oils. Cranberry Seed Oil is high in resveratrol, polyphenols, and essential fatty acids 3, 6, and 9. It is a cooling anti-inflammatory, rich in tannins + strengthening minerals.
- How To Use
1.69oz l 50ml
Essential Lipids: Delicate Barrier is a multi-purpose moisturizer, cleanser, and facial oil specifically created for reactive skin and heightened sensitivities. This focused blend of whole plant lipids comes together to mirror and support our skin’s own natural lipid barrier. This nourishing oil is soothing and supportive to all skin types, even the most sensitive.
Sensitivities and allergies to certain plants can steer some people away from using whole plant products. One objective with Essential Lipids is to make whole plants more accessible to those individuals with allergies and sensitivities. It is nut oil free, rosehip oil free, and essential oil free. It is also vegan and gluten free. We are glad to be offering this Laurel Skin two-in-one product for those sensitive and/or allergy-prone folks who have always wanted to use our line, but haven’t been able to due to ingredient allergies.
Essential Lipids is also highly recommended for those with a damaged lipid barrier, skin in healing crisis, and for those with autoimmune conditions or in treatment for serious illness. This product is also well suited to someone transitioning to the Laurel line for the first time from a more conventional or clinical line.
Damaged lipid barriers can stem from all sorts of things, including mask-wearing, foaming facewash, alcohols, retinols, chemical peels, over-exfoliating, and more. If you are drawn to using this product to help heal a damaged lipid barrier, then we recommend using it in tandem with our Chamomile Single Farm Hydrosol for the best results. Ideally, this extremely gentle skin ritual will be a healing steppingstone into the rest of the Laurel line for someone with a more vulnerable barrier.
– Sensitive / Impaired / Reactive Skin
– 100% Whole Plant Organic
– 9 Beneficial Active Ingredients
Jojoba Seed Wax˚, Chia Seed Oil˚, Evening Primrose Seed Oil˚, Calendula Flower Infusion˚, Cranberry Fruit + Seed Oil˚, Moringa Seed Oil˚, Red Raspberry Fruit + Seed Oil˚, Pomegranate Seed Oil˚, Rosemary Extract˚
˚organically grown ingredient
To use as a cleanser: dispense 3-4 pumps onto fingertips and apply to dry skin. Massage well around congested areas and makeup. Apply a warm towel to skin and gently wipe away dirt, makeup, and excess oil. To use as a moisturizer: Apply 1 pump to fingertips and press gently into clean damp skin.