Moon Cycle Balm
- KEY BIOACTIVES:
- Sustainably grown arnica from our own micro-garden added to increase circulation to the inflamed area. Circulation increases the body’s natural ability to reduce inflammation to lessen pain.
- Coupled with garden-grown goldenrod, an inflammation moderator, it extends arnica’s actions to support circulation and cool the injured area. Known for many internal uses and in addition has shown effectiveness in topical pain treatments with an affinity to uterine cramping.
- Clary sage often referred to as the woman’s herb has been used in aromatherapy to create harmony by calming anxiety, remove nervous tension and lift depression. Also known to soothe cramps and imbalances related to menstruation and menopause.
- Myrrh (Co2) and immortelle and frankincense (Co2) essential oils provide additional antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, and nervine properties to increase comfort.
- Rose geranium, rose and lavender essential oils provide hormonal balancing energetics for additional comfort and relaxation.
- Unrefined pumpkin seed oil and locally sourced raw beeswax act as the vessel to apply the potent phyto-compounds.
- HOW TO USE:
A blend of soothing herbs to support muscle and joint discomfort in addition to cramping related to the menstrual cycle.
A topical approach focusing on antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, and nervine properties to increase comfort. Where the aromatic experience creates harmony by calming anxiety and removing nervous tension.
Since herbs rarely fit into a box, this blend extends into a calming face & body balm to encourage circulation. In turn helping speed healing relating to generalized inflammation and even bruising. With arnica, just be sure not to apply to broken/cut skin.
cucurbita pepo (pumpkin) seed oil*^, herbal infusions of arnica chamissonis (arnica) flower*^, solidago canadensis (goldenrod)*^, raw oregon beeswax*^, essential oils of boswellia sp. (frankincense)*#, salvia sclarea (clary sage)*^, pelargonium graveolens (rose geranium)*^, commiphora myrrha (myrrh) co2*, lavandula angustifolia (lavender)*^, helichrysum italicum (immortelle)*, rosa sp. (rose) absolute and rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract*
*organic | ^regionally sourced | #fair trade/co-op
Notes: Arnica based products should not be applied to broken skin. Contains 1.5% dilution of essential oils.
Before bed: massage a small amount of balm onto your neck and shoulders until mostly absorbed with a thin layer of product left. While you rest, take deep breaths and allow the scent to drift you off to sleep. Clary Sage is helpful in dream therapy so your dreams may be more vivid. Keep a journal near your bedside and take notes in the morning to reflect on your slumber.
During menstruation: massage liberally on the abdomen and lower back. In circular motions work in the balm until there is a slight layer of product left. Use pressure that feels comforting; relax and take deep slow breaths. Inhale the scent from your palms after applying to allow the aromatherapy benefits working in conjunction with the herbal infusion.