- KEY BIOACTIVES:
- French Green Clay – This powerful Clay is drawing and detoxifying, and instantly reduces the appearance of pores. It also happens to be rich in nourishment and helps to encourage cell turnover. It can be too drying for some skin types, which is why we recommend always keeping your mask hydrated for the best possible results. If mask is kept hydrated throughout the treatment, then this purifying treatment is suitable for most skin types.
- Lavender – Our Biodynamic® Lavender flowers and essential oil are cultivated locally near our studio. They are anti-inflammatory, calming, and cooling to the skin. They promote healthy cell functioning, and have a balancing action on oil production.
- Passionflower – This soothing beautiful flower and vine is farmed locally just for Laurel. It gently promotes detoxification and clarity, and its astringent action is healing to skin irritations and redness.
- Dulse Seaweed – The ‘no seaweed for acne’ myth has long been debunked. Our organically farmed nutritive Dulse actually helps to detoxify, while providing skin with optimal nourishment and antioxidant activity.
- Burdock + Dandelion – These nutrient dense roots are excellent food or prebiotics for our microbiome. They are also high in B vitamins and saccharides and are very hydrating. They also assist in detoxing by carrying away impurities and cellular waste.
- Chamomile – This product features Chamomile in three ways to ultimately provide cooling soothing relief for reactive, red, inflamed, or acneic skin. It is a true skin game-changer ingredient, and is as powerful and strong as it is delicate and gentle. It is present as German and Roman Chamomile Essential Oil, as well as our artisan hand-harvested whole flowers.
- Marshmallow – Marshmallow is a root to love. Its mucilaginous hydrating properties put hyaluronic acid to shame. It deeply hydrates, soothes, and visibly plumps the skin. It contains standout constituents like Betaine, B Vitamins, Quercetin, Ferulic Acid, and Polysaccharides. This plant has an affinity for water friendly tissue like fascia, and can help with stagnation in those connective tissues.
- HOW TO USE:
1.69oz l 50ml
The Detox Mask strikes the perfect balance between effectively drawing out impurities with clarifying clays, hydrating and nourishing with roots, and soothing with anti-inflammatory herbs and flowers. The end result is skin that looks more clear with visibly smaller pores and a reduction in the appearance of redness and breakouts.
French Green Clay is a powerful detox for congested skin. This Mask balances that power with soothing plants like calming Chamomile and mucilaginous hydrating Marshmallow. Many of the whole plant constituents in these plants are focused on soothing hydration in order to help balance the skin through an effortless detox. A few of those constituents are B vitamins, betaine, polysaccharides, azulene, and salicylic acid*. This Mask can be used all over the skin, or for ‘face mapping’ which is when you target specific areas of congestion or apply to breakouts directly. Additional plants in this formula to love are locally cultivated Passionflower and Lavender which are cooling plants, making our Detox Mask ideal for those who experience red, irritated, or swollen acne.
*Not to be confused with the negative side effects of isolated lab-made salicylic – this is within the context of the delicate healing Passionflower plant.
– Oily / Acneic / Congested
– 100% Whole Plant Organic / All clay is sustainably wildcrafted
– 15 Beneficial Active Ingredients
French Green Clay*, Chamomile˚, Passionflower˚, Burdock Root˚, Dandelion Root˚, Lavender˚, Marshmallow Root˚, Yarrow˚, Self Heal˚, Aloe Vera˚, Dulse Seaweed˚; Essential Oils of Lavender˚, Blue German Chamomile˚, Roman Chamomile˚, Helichrysum˚, Palmarosa˚
˚organically grown ingredient *all clay is sustainably wildcrafted
Apply 1 teaspoon or less of Detox Mask to mask bowl, and trickle a bit of water in with your fingertips to preferred consistency. Mix with a brush into a slightly runny paste and allow to steep like tea for a few minutes. Allowing the Mask to steep will cause it to thicken and will further activate ingredients. Once ready to apply, moisten face and hands. Apply gently to face and neck with fingertips or preferably a mask brush. Leave on for 10-30 minutes, then rinse. Keep mask hydrated to keep mask active and to prevent drying on the skin. The longer the mask is left on the more frequently it will need to be rehydrated to stay active. Re-hydrate it with a brush, fingertips, or a mister bottle of water.