First Light Brightening Oil Serum
- KEY BIOACTIVES:
- Squalane acts as a protective barrier to soften the appearance of fine lines. It absorbs quickly to provide a velvety finish. Our luxe version is extracted from sustainable amaranthus grain, which is one of the highest and most abundant sources of plant-based squalane.
- Ceramides plus pomegranate sterols (cholesterol) create a unique complex (3:1:1:1) along with essential & non-essential fatty acids that mirror our natural skin to help improve the lipid barrier matrix for enhanced protection from water loss and in turn encourages long term vitality.
- Date extract has shown great promise in various studies to improve skin elasticity, increase brightness, greater hydration, and a decrease in redness and hyperpigmentation. (Meer, S.; Akhtar, N.; Mahmood, T.; Igielska-Kalwat, J. Efficacy of Phoenix dactylifera L. (Date Palm) Creams on Healthy Skin. Cosmetics 2017, 4, 13.)
- Cranberry seed oil is one of the most abundant sources of polyphenols such as tocopherols and tocotrienols (Vitamin E) which improve firmness and elasticity. It has the perfect ratio of omega-3, omega-6, and omega-9 fatty acids meaning it’s better at absorption to deliver all its skin-loving properties.
- Raspberry seed is rich in carotenoids and vitamin E. The antioxidant profile is especially effective at supporting concerns around UV damage and calming reactive, sun-parched and inflamed conditions.
- Rice bran oil is a natural source of ceramides, peptides, ferulic acid, CoQ10, vitamins A and B, in addition to a range of antioxidants such as tocopherol, tocotrienol, and oryzanol. Together they repair lipid barrier damage and protect the skin from free radicals.
- Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (10%), a stable vitamin C derivative that is suitable for sensitive skin. Coupled with whole plant-based vitamin E and ferulic acid in the overall formula, the bioavailability is measurably increased to improve clarifying and protective benefits.
- Organic, fresh, and locally grown calendula flower protects skin from free radicals, reducing redness for more acne-prone skin. It increases circulation to help with puffiness and dark circles as an eye serum and reduces scarring as a spot treatment.
- Supercritical extract of organic seaberry fruit has astringent properties to firm the skin. Extremely rich in carotenoids, a vitamin A precursor to enhance a healthy glow.
- Carrot root extract and carrot oil (carrier oil not the essential oil) imparts an additional surge of flavonoids to improve overall skin rejuvenation and skin brightening.
- Daikon radish extract improves absorption for a lightweight feel, making this a wonderful and protective oil for daytime use and under makeup.
- HOW TO USE:
A robust and luxurious oil serum highlighted with a cornucopia of vibrant berries, calendula, carrot, and dates. Elevated by a vitamin C ester and a vegan ceramide complex using pomegranate sterols. Collectively the formula supports collagen production and common skin concerns around fine lines, scarring, and discoloration.
squalane (extracted from amaranthus grain), vaccinium macrocarpon (cranberry) seed oil^, rubus idaeus (raspberry) seed oil^ & calendula officinalis flower*^, oryza sativa (rice) bran oil*^, raphanus sativus (daikon radish) seed extract^, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate (vitamin c ester), ceramide-e & punica granatum (pomegranate) sterols & avena sativa (oat) kernel oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride (and) phoenix dactylifera (date) seed extract, daucus carota sativa (carrot) seed oil (not the essential oil) & root Co2 extract*, hippophae rhamnoides (seaberry) fruit oil* and rosmarinus officinalis leaf extract*
*organic | ^regionally sourced | #fair trade/co-op
Add a thin layer all over with attention to fine lines and dark marks. Gently massage and press to assist absorption. For best results apply day and night after cleansing, toning, water-based serums and moisturizer. For dry skin, follow up with a facial balm.
It can be used to boost your existing moisturizer, as an eye serum or spot treatment for discoloration.
Allow 9-16 weeks with continued use to see effects, according to clinical testing.