- KEY BIOACTIVES:
- Marshmallow – This mucilaginous and polysaccharide rich root has an incredible ability to hydrate. It is nature’s form of hyaluronic acid, plumping up each cell and wrapping them in what feels like a cooling hug. It is high in B Vitamins and betaine making it soothing, healing, anti-inflammatory, and softening to the skin. It thickens the mask and gives it a creamy texture when time is set aside to ‘steep’ the mask like a tea.
- Rose – Our vibrant heirloom Rose petals are grown exclusively for us by a California farm. Their vibrancy and antioxidant content are palpable. Rose is a powerful hydrating humectant and visibly plumps and regenerates the skin. Constituents like B Vitamins, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, flavonoids, anthocyanins, and gallic acid are all found in Rose petals.
- Helichrysum – This little yellow flower is as gentle as it is potent. It reduces redness and swelling. It strengthens tissues and supports cellular healing activity, and reduces the appearance of scars and broken capillaries.
- Pomegranate – This is one of the most beautiful oils that we work with. It is rich and thick by nature, but penetrates deeply and is incredibly healing to skin barriers that have been damaged over time by inflammation.
- Tamanu – There is no replacement for the deep cool green Tamanu oil, which is a sacred plant medicine that we source directly from growers on a small island off the coast of Australia. It is anti-inflammatory, wound healing, and balancing to our skin’s microbiome.
- Reishi – Our Reishi is organically sourced from the Pacific Northwest and contains hydrating and soothing polysaccharides and B Vitamins. Reishi also has a specific lymph affinity which can decrease puffiness and stagnation. Other helpful skin constituents in Reishi to note are peptides and amino acids.
- HOW TO USE:
1.69oz l 50ml
The Gentle Mask: Hydrating Recovery provides intense hydration and instant soothing relief to irritated and inflamed skin. As this mask steeps it transforms into a deep fuchsia gel-like consistency that cools and calms the skin. It restores nutrients necessary for healthy skin functioning, and leaves the skin with a brightened plump glow. When painted all the way down the neck and chest, one can expect to see a reduction in swelling, puffiness, and inflammation after just one use. This Mask contains medicinal flowers, roots, mushrooms, and berries to provide an abundance of botanical hyaluronic acid, polysaccharides, B vitamins, soothing lipids for barrier repair, azuluene, anthocyanin, vitamin C, flavonoids, and vitamin E. While this Mask is suitable for all skin types, we especially recommend it for rosacea symptoms, compromised skin barriers, dry and dehydrated skin, and reactive sensitive skin.
Formula Update: We are so delighted to bring back this Mask in a new way. This Mask truly knocks it out of the park in efficacy. It is incredibly hydrating, softening, and soothing. The ingredient deck is completely different than before, and the clay has been replaced altogether with roots and flowers. It is filled with plants that are rich in mucilage, humectants, saccharides – plants that support a deep lymph flow, healthy fascia, hydration, and plump, supple connective tissue health. Roses and Marshmallow now take center stage really making this mask a hydrating mask, as well as ideal for damaged barriers in need of repair. Antioxidants and healing phytonutrients are abundant as well from plants like Hibiscus, Cornflower and Buddleia. Reishi Mushroom is present, which adds polysaccharides for hydration, nutrient delivery into deeper layers of the skin, as well as boosting the surface immunity of our skin. The Tamanu Oil and Pomegranate Oil are still there offering a wide array of beneficial omegas and providing a gentle delivery system of many of these nutrients into the skin. Essential oils are micro-dosed in this Mask, such as German Chamomile for cooling inflammation relief and White Rose for barrier strengthening and repair.
– Sensitive / Inflamed / Cystic Acne / Reactive
– 100% Whole Plant Organic
– 24 Beneficial Active Ingredients
Marshmallow Root°, Rose Petals°, Milky Oats°, Marshmallow Leaves°, Cornflowers°, Hibiscus°, Baical Skullcap Root°, Licorice Root°, Slippery Elm Bark°, Reishi Mushroom°, Self Heal Flowers + Leaves°, Buddleia Flowers°, Yarrow Flowers°, Hawthorn Berries°, Skullcap Leaves°, Tamanu Oil°, Pomegranate Oil°; Essential Oils of Bergamot°, Sandalwood°, German Blue Chamomile°, Rose Centifolia°, White Rose°, Carrot Seed°, Helichrysum°
°organically grown ingredient *all clay is wild crafted
Apply 1 teaspoon or less of Gentle Mask to mask bowl, and trickle a bit of water in with your fingertips to preferred consistency. Mix with a brush into a slightly runny paste and allow to steep like tea for a few minutes. Allowing the Mask to steep will cause it to thicken and will further activate ingredients. Once ready to apply, moisten face and hands. Apply gently to face and neck with fingertips or preferably a mask brush. Leave on for 10-30 minutes, then rinse. Keep mask hydrated to keep mask active and to prevent drying on the skin. The longer the mask is left on the more frequently it will need to be rehydrated to stay active. Re-hydrate it with a brush, fingertips, or a mister bottle of water.