Overnight Resurfacing Oil
- KEY BIOACTIVES:
- Pineapple enzymes (10%) help break down weak proteins on the top layer of the skin, signally new cells to emerge. It is often the preferred exfoliation method for sensitive skin as they have additional, soothing effects.
- Fruit seed oils, including cranberry, strawberry, and raspberry help brighten and restore lackluster complexion caused by common environmental degradation. Helping prepare the skin for the next day ahead.
- Shiitake mushrooms contain the antioxidant L-ergothioneine, which can prevent cell breakdown while it also exfoliates. They are often used to brighten the skin to fade sunspots and acne scars.
- Whole rose-hip fruit and seed enhance enzymatic benefits while increasing inflammation modulation benefits to calm the skin. Often noted to brighten and even out the skin, regenerate and heal, help with vitality, elasticity, and collagen production.
- Phospholipids have a multifaceted benefit that not only improves the absorption of key phyto-compounds but also protects new cells as they’re emerging. Ensuring a healthy lipid structure is left intact; managing a truly gentle exfoliating process.
- Elevated by Copaíba resin, Blue Tansy essential oil and whole Chamomile flower infusion provide a lovely aromatic experience while calming reactive skin.
- Radish seed, rice bran, and castor seed oils create a rich emollient base to encourage moisture retention though-out the night to enhance a dewy, morning complexion.
- HOW TO USE:
A fruit-filled oil serum to refine the skin during slumber. Layering sensitive skin-friendly enzymes and nourishing seed oils to reveal a smooth and healthy complexion in the morning.
Developed for combination to dry skin or those wanting to soften rough patches. This could work for those with mild sensitivities since it includes lipid barrier protective ingredients and a very low dilution of blue tansy essential oil (0.12%).
At Live Botanical we look at exfoliation with a less-is-more lens. Focusing on nudging along our natural renewal functions rather than the use of intense actives. The refinement from this blend is overall mild and with continued use helps to smooth texture and enhance overall clarity.
raphanus sativus (radish) seed oil^, vaccinium macrocarpon (cranberry) seed oil^, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil & ananas sativus (pineapple) fruit, oryza sativa (rice) bran oil^, fragaria ananassa (strawberry) seed oil^, rosa canina (rose) hip oil*, rosa mosqueta (rose) hip seed oil*, rubus idaeus (raspberry) seed oil^, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed* & lecithin* & chamomilla recutita (chamomile) flower extract* & corthellus shiitake (mushroom) extract*, copaifera multijuga (copaiba) resin#, ricinus communis (castor) oil#, tanacetum annum (tansy) essential oil* and rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract*
*organic ^regionally sourced #fair trade/co-op
After cleansing, water-based serums or elixirs; apply 3-4 drops of oil all over.
If you’re more dry layer over the Ambient Complete Moisture (or your favorite, hydrating moisturizer).
We recommend using 3-5x a week or as needed.
If you’re wanting a more intensive exfoliating experience, you can pair it with the Illuminating Exfoliating Serum. We recommend using 1-3x a week with this pairing.
For the most brightening benefits, use our First Light Brightening Oil during the day.
It also makes a lovely, decadent overnight moisture mask for normal to combination skin.
Notes: Separation sometimes can happen during heating & cooling cycles while in transit. If this occurs, warm the balm (with the cap on) in hot water. Once the balm melts, stir, place in fridge, and let sit until firm.